Success in IELTS writing task 2 is based on using the right techniques. These free tips, model essays, lessons, videos and information will help develop the skills for writing task 2. This page will teach you how to maximise your IELTS writing task 2 score.
Essential Information for IELTS Writing Task 2
All IELTS students should read the pages below:
Information: Task 2 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How your IELTS Writing is Marked: Band Scores 5 to 8 Tips
IELTS General Training Writing Differences
How your Total IELTS Writing Score is Calculated
IELTS Practice Essay Questions
Practice essay questions to help you prepare ideas for topics in IELTS writing task 2. These questions have been written based on questions reported by IELTS students. They are not IELTS tests.
Over 100 IELTS Essay Questions
*** 50% DISCOUNT IELTS WRITING LESSONS ***
Get 50% OFF Advanced IELTS Writing Task 2 Lessons
Click here:50% DISCOUNT OFFER
Essential IELTS Writing Task 2 Tips
The most important writing tips for a strong IELTS essay in writing task 2. Learn about the recommended essay length, how to plan your essay, when to give your opinion and how to write an introduction etc.
How many paragraphs for an IELTS essay?: Essay structure
Key Linking Words List: Academic Vocabulary
Video: How to write an introduction paragraph: Complete lesson
Essay Planning Tips: How to plan your IELTS essay
Common Essay Topics: 20 Most Common Essay Topics
Video: Essay Length Advice: How long should your essay be?
Video: Official Writing Answer Sheet Tips: Using the answer sheet
When to give your opinion: Opinion Essay Tips
Video Using the last 5 minutes: Exam technique tips
Video: Paraphrasing Tips
More Video & Tips for Writing Task 2
All Free IELTS Writing Task 2 Videos Lessons
IELTS Advanced Training
Buy Advanced Lessons for Writing Task 2. Is your target band 7? Is it difficult to hit band 7? Think about my advanced lessons: Advanced IELTS Writing Task 2 Lessons
Sample essays for IELTS writing task 2. These high score model essays will help you understand how to answer the essay questions and how to structure your writing.
Practice Lessons for Writing Task 2
Develop your IELTS writing skills and get useful ideas for many essay questions. Lessons are in order of date and new lessons will be added over time.
- Essay Questions Jan & Feb 2018: Reported by students
- Essay Questions for Dec 2017: Reported by students
- Paraphrasing Practice 1
- Paraphrasing Practice 2
- Paraphrasing Practice 3
- Essay Questions for 2017 – questions reported in the test this year.
- Using Passive Voice for Giving Opinions
- Essay Ideas: Employment Competition
- Writing Skills: Paraphrasing Practice
- Writing Skills: Improving Sentences (2)
- Essay Ideas: The Importance of History
- Essay Ideas: Housing & Trees
- Essay Ideas: International Aid
- Essay Ideas: City Transport
- Essay Ideas: Salaries
- Essay Ideas: Function of Schools
- Essay Ideas: Female Staff in Senior Positions
- Writing Skills: Punctuation Practice
- Writing Skills: Linking Word Practice
- Essay Ideas: Littering in Cities
- Listen and Write Dictation: Natural Disasters
- Discussion Essay with Feedback: Music Topic
- Writing Skills: Improving Sentences: Ebooks Topic
- Essay Ideas: Banning Mobile Phones
- Two Question Essay with Feedback: Judging Business Success
- Essay Ideas: Tourism and Local Communities
- Essay Ideas: Traffic & Pollution
- Writing Skills: Improving a Thesis Statement
- Writing Skills: Improving Sentences (1)
- Essay Ideas: Handwriting Skills
- Writing Skills: Linking Word Practice
- Essay Ideas: Promoting to Children
- Essay Ideas: Older or Younger Leaders
- Writing Skills: Introduction Feedback
- Writing Skill: Opinion Essay Introduction Feedback
- Writing Skills: Opinion Essay Body Paragraphs
- Writing Skills: Opinion Essay Introduction
- Writing Skills: Opinion Essay Finding Main Points
- Writing Skills: Thesis Statement
- Essay Ideas: Public Services
Liz’s Advanced Writing Task 2 Lessons
NEW!! IELTS in-depth lessons about IELTS essay writing for a high score. Learn all the techniques needed for success in IELTS writing task 2. You can purchase individual essay lessons.
Main IELTS Pages
Develop your IELTS skills with tips, lessons, free videos and more.
You might have no idea how MANY DOCTORS around the world are thankful for your help in learning English! On behalf of all white coat wearing people, THANK YOU!.
I read many FB med group chat’s comments and other social networks, where many who want to come to the UK to practice medicine get together , and many of them recommend watching your videos.
Thousands of them, mostly from developing countries, show their gratitude to you.
we need above 7.5 in total and above 7 in each.
Personally, I have given IELTS 5 times, in 6 years. Unfortunately, I have not received the required score yet. BUT, I have received in Speaking 8,
reading 7, Listening 7.5, and most horrible part-writing 6.5
Those numbers were different in each time, I just compiled them in the best shape, to show the greatest achievement I could get in those hardest ever my exams. I never got any bad marks during my 8 years of medical exams. I graduated from medical school with Honors yet ENGLISH- is my weak point.
I am proactive and will try for the 6th time, I believe it will be my last time of giving IELTS, I will achieve the required and even more band.
I have never really practice writing exactly at it is given in your explanation. But this time I WILL.
from Central Asia.
Thanks so much for your comment. I’m aware of the issues doctors face hitting their required score and am glad my site helps 🙂 I have actually replied to you at length via email using the email address you have used to post this message. Take a look as I’ve given you some extra tips and a gift. Good luck 🙂