Sports related research paper topics are connected with a many-sided field of activities. Sporting activities have existed for several millenniums. Throughout the history of civilization, people had to struggle for survival. During hunting and war, a person had to have good physical strength and agility in order to survive. With development of civilizations, ritual competitions served as honor to gods.
The modern meaning of the sport was defined at the end of the 19th century. Its appearance is associated with the rapid development of urban culture. The origins of the modern sport lie not in the needs of physical perfection or a form of holiday, but in the new possibilities of leisure: if athletes of antiquity were approaching the gods with their perfection, the sport of the new age was born due to boredom and passion.
Today sports serve as an instrument for many social and cultural problems. It is a powerful industry, including a special system for the production of achievements. In addition to athletes and coaches, managers, sports physicians, psychologists, and research workers are involved in it.
In this article we have gathered the most topical and interesting sports research paper topics that you can use for your own research paper. As you can see there are lots of topics that can be related to sports research papers, so you can choose the direction and create your own paper on a narrowed topic. For example, you can use the research paper topics on sports related to management and narrow it down to “management software for managing a soccer team.”
We have picked such directions as sports medicine, sports injury, sports theory, nutrition, doping, tennis, cricket, soccer, and other sports psychology research paper topics. Lets check them out!
Sports Medicine Research Paper Topics
- Chronobiological features of respiratory functions in highly qualified athletes.
- The influence of fitness yoga classes on the physical condition of women in a period of menopause
- Describe what influence the absence of sports and obesity have on health.
- Describe similarities and differences between methods of assessment of heart rates.
- Analyze causes that have led to deaths through the history of the Olympic Games.
- The effect of Ayurvedic drugs in the practice of sports medicine.
- Analysis of the functional state of adolescents engaged by professional sports.
- Positive and negative effects of caffeine on athletic performance.
- Influence of sport activities on functional activity of neutrophils.
- Effects of practicing sports among people with various heart diseases.
Sports Injury Research Paper Topics
- Types of injuries in weightlifting, powerlifting, and bodybuilding.
- Compare the sport traumas among preschoolers and teenagers.
- Effectiveness of elastic therapeutic tape with a shoulder trauma.
- Localization, mechanism, and treatment of traumas in the rowing slalom.
- Specificity of treatment of sports injuries in children and adolescents.
- Diagnostic and rehabilitation after anterior cruciate ligament injury.
- Statistics of injuries in volleyball and ways of its prevention.
- Technologies in the physical rehabilitation of athletes with vertebral-spinal injuries.
- Types, localization, and mechanism of trauma among young female gymnasts.
- Protective sports mouthguards and features of oral dental pathology in sportsmen of various sports.
Sports Psychology Research Paper Topics
- The use of neuro-linguistic programming in increasing results in sports.
- Aggression in sports and comparative analysis of its expression among qualified wrestlers.
- Psychological and physiological aspects of doping in sports.
- Volitional regulation and motivation of young athletes in artistic gymnastics.
- Psychological characteristics of concentration and attention among sportsmen in shooting sports.
- Peculiarities and methods of psychological recovery of athletes after trauma.
- Style of child-rearing in families of professional athletes.
- Women’s psychology: Needs and emotions in women’s sports.
- Peculiarities of the psychological preparation of women’s pair in acrobatic gymnastics.
- Modern problems of gender studies in sport psychology.
Sports Theory Research Paper Topics
- Comparative analysis of anthropometry of sportsmen in martial arts and athletics.
- Compare the sensitive periods of coordination among young girls in rhythmic gymnastics.
- Compare and contrast short interval and long interval training.
- Unique approaches in creating training programs for runner-athletes.
- Peculiarities of training programs for children’s fitness.
- Why do scientists and coaches need to work together?
- Biomechanics of muscles in the cycle of Nordic walking.
- Comparative analysis of effectiveness of stretching on performance of the high jump.
- Sociological approach in formation of sports leaders.
- Cultural identity and features of sport culture in Korea, Japan, and China.
Sports Nutrition Research Paper Topics
- Effects of specialized biologically active and nutritional supplements in sports nutrition.
- Use of curd whey in the sports nutrition industry.
- Role of microelements in sports nutrition and safety of metal chelates.
- Methods of creating individualized diets for athletes.
- Organization of sports nutrition in fitness centers and sports clubs.
- Nutrient support of athletes during training, competition, and recovery periods.
- The effects of isotonic drinks for rehydration at high physical exertion.
- Methods of drawing up a balanced diet for weightlifters.
- Development of effective functional sports nutrition for martial artists.
- Particular qualities of nutritional support for young athletes.
Sports Doping Research Paper Topics
- Methods of detection of anabolic steroids as doping in sports.
- Risk factors for cardiovascular disease of various kinds of doping.
- Doping and its influence on the health of professional cyclists.
- The problem of parents that push young athletes to receive doping.
- Autotransfusion and its effects on the body of athletes in sports.
- Influence of steroids on memory and brain functions.
- Arterial thrombosis as a consequence of steroids.
- Types of tests used for doping control.
- Interconnection of doping of physical and cognitive functions
- Analysis of main concepts of the World Anti-Doping Code.
Tennis Research Paper Topics
- Effects of mental training during preparation of tennis players for competition.
- Criteria for selecting promising tennis players among adolescents.
- Peculiarities of tennis training program for 5-6 year old children.
- The relation of personal traits of a tennis player to individual sports style.
- Management of competitive pressures among professional tennis players.
- Treatment of common tennis injuries with elastic therapeutic tape.
- Process and types of evaluation of preparedness for competition among young tennis players.
- The influence of tennis lessons on the development of students’ memory.
- Ways of increasing the speed of reaction for tennis players.
- The use of a special tennis training program for development of endurance.
Soccer Research Paper Topics
- The structure of the attacking actions of soccer players.
- Psychological approaches and techniques in the training of young soccer players.
- The increase of injuries during a soccer match compared to ordinary training.
- Relation of menstrual disorder to regular soccer training among girls.
- Peculiarities of technical training programs for female soccer players.
- The affect of bad teeth on performance quality of a professional soccer player.
- The differences and similarities between female and male soccer.
- Use of jumping exercises in training goalkeepers in soccer.
- The most common injuries among soccer players, and their prevention and treatment.
- History of soccer development in China and its perspectives.
Cricket Research Paper Topics
- Avoiding traumas of the teeth during cricket.
- Statistics of eye injuries and its prevention during cricket training and matches.
- Peculiarities of medical epicondylite among cricket players and treatment management.
- Relation of cricket injuries to commotio cordis.
- History of cricket: Review of English sports periodicals of the 18th and 19th centuries.
- The use of the Hawk-Eye complex in cricket matches.
- Influence of cricket in the creation of softball sports.
- Imran Khan as representative of the professional cricket player.
- Types of matches in cricket. Difference between Test and limited-overs games.
- Analysis of cricket techniques and tactics depending on the player.
You can also find a bunch of other research paper topics within various disciplines and areas of studies.
Writing a research paper even though may seem challenging is a substantial part of everyday student life. You are required to write at least one research paper in a semester for the majority of the subjects. Do not underestimate research projects, as they demand a huge effort and a lot of time from you. Nevertheless, do not let your research paper assignment give you anxiety and influence your overall studies. To minimize worries and inconsistencies while working on the research paper you must be sure in your research paper topic. There are times when you are assigned to the topic but more frequently, you will have to create a topic by yourself. The whole research should be built around or from the topic. In order to choose an interesting topic, which will demonstrate your best talents, you should keep reading.
How to select the best research paper topic?
When choosing your research paper topic, you need to make sure it is neither boring nor worn out. An interesting innovative topic will intrigue the readers and motivate them to read your whole research. But if you don’t know how to create a topic on your own, use help of writers in topic creation.There are some things to consider when selecting an appropriate topic:
THE FIELD OF YOUR INTEREST
There is no secret that you will not be able to write a good insightful research paper if you are not interested in the subject overall and in the topic in particular. If on the other hand the topic is linked to the field of your interest, you may consider yourself lucky. It would be easier to explore the theme and write about it. You may even find some additional resources on your computer or I cloud service for the topic, which excites you. If you enjoy science, you are sure to talk non-stop about it. The same goes for writing.
A TOPIC SHOULD BE DEFINITE
You need to be sure to understand everything clearly when you choose an essay topic. Do not hesitate to ask questions if there are some unclear points. The more you understand the simpler it is for you to write a successful research paper. If the indistinct issues are still at large, it is advisable to leave this topic be and simply select another one. You need to show the readers that you master of the topic and not a confused newbie who does not know what he or she is talking about.
BE PRECISE AND SPECIFIC
You need to understand completely that you are not writing a descriptive essay. A research paper is an accurate and thorough work, which is based on facts details. You cannot add watery text about anything into the paper. Your statement should be supported with examples or reference other profound research and academical works.
This advice may seem dull if you are working on historical paper. How innovative can you get discussing French revolution or Perl Harbor? However, an innovative approach can give you the edge among other students. A topic should address the matter from a different and surprising perspective. With a deep investigation, you may even find the unknown until now facts that can blow your readers’ minds. This approach will intrigue your readers and will make research paper stand out.